DCS: Hawk Beta
- Accurate and highly detailed 3D interactive cockpit featuing six-degrees-of-freedom (6DOF) technology compatible with head-tracking devices and Oculus Rift.
- Accurate modeling of the Hawk HUD, instruments, gauges and dials.
- High fidelity accurate Advanced Systems Modelling (ASM) such as electrical, fuel, hydraulics, oxygen, pressurisation and air conditioning, temperature control, pitot-static, AHRS, lighting and weapons system modelled to detailed schematics.
- Highly detailed Hawk external 3D model and liveries.
- Fully interactive, comprehensive training missions make learning to fly the Hawk easier.
- Armament includes: AIM-9M Sidewinders, bombs, practice bombs, rocket pods and gun pod.
- Highly detailed damage model.
- External Flight Model (EFM) to professional level signed of by real life Hawk pilots.
- This version includes single cockpit control and viewing only. Rear seat integration is not included and not available over multiplayer.
“As a current Royal Navy aggressor pilot operating the Hawk T1, I was offered the opportunity to test the VEAO Hawk simulator. I was initially sceptical of how accurate the modelling would be of the handling and the jet engine response. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. I found the controls and aircraft responses accurate. The flight model performs as well as the full motion simulator used by the RAF. Flying in formation was easy and very similar to the real thing. I was extremely impressed by the headset integration and immediately felt operational pilots could benefit from training on this software.
In short, the VEAO Hawk is more than a game and comparable to a military grade full motion simulator. In fact, I would even go so far as to say the terrain graphics are higher fidelity whilst flying at low level.”
Lt Cdr Matt Deavin RNR
Fast Jet Qualified Weapons Instructor
ABOUT THE HAWK T.1A
The Hawk first entered service with the RAF in 1976, both as an advanced flying-training aircraft and a weapons-training aircraft. The Hawk T1 version is currently used at RAF Valley for fast-jet pilot advanced flying training with No 208(R) Squadron, and at RAF Scampton by the RAF Aerobatic Team, the Red Arrows.
The T1A is used for weapons and tactical training on No 19(R) Squadron at RAF Valley, and by No 100 Squadron at RAF Leeming for advanced fast-jet weapons systems officer training and operational support- flying. In its weapons and tactical training role the Hawk is used to teach air combat, air-to-air firing, air-to-ground firing and low-flying techniques and operational procedures.
While the Hawk T1 is used solely in the advanced flying-training role, the Hawk T1A is equipped to an operational standard and is capable of undertaking a number of war roles.
The T1A has four under-wing pylons cleared to carry Sidewinder AIM-9L air-to-air missiles, rocket pods, practice bombs and bombs, and can carry a 30mm Aden cannon in a pod underneath the fuselage centre-line. The cannon can be fired at the same time as any of the pylon-mounted weapons are selected for release or firing.
The Hawk T.1A is designed to work with Digital Combat Simulator DCS World.
ABOUT DCS WORLD
Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) is a free-to-play digital battlefield game, focusing on a military aircraft simulation. It includes a FREE TF-P1D Mustang and a Su-25T attack aircraft. DCS World includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region that encompasses much of Georgia – the location of the 2008 conflict. Further maps will be available in 2015.
Additionally, DCS World includes:
• Powerful mission and campaign editors
• Massive inventory of air, land and sea combat units and weapons
• Advanced AI
• Fast mission generator
• Dynamic weather and seasons
• Training missions
• Mission replay system
• Pilot log book
This all allows the creation of engaging, real-world combat missions in this flashpoint region. DCS is a true “sandbox” simulation that can and will cover multiple time periods covering many types of combat and civilian units. DCS World allows both realistic game play and more relaxed game play to suit the player.
Download DCS World for free from: www.dcs-world.com